About Google My Business
Google My Business is the fast and easy way for businesses, products, brands, artists, and organizations to manage their online presence with Google. Using the Google My Business dashboard, you’ll now be able to:
- Maintain up-to-date business information on Google
- Build loyal customers using a Google+ page. Followers of the page for your business can show appreciation and give feedback with posts and reviews, and use the +1 button to endorse products and services on Google+, Google Search, Maps or on ads.
- Track engagement with insights for Google+ pages and posts
- See information on your related Google Analytics account and YouTube channels
- Seamlessly create and track performance of AdWords Express campaigns
Businesses with physical location or servicing local geographies get additional benefits. Once you verify your business on Google My Business, you’ll be able to:
- Help get your business found on Google. Google can use the business information you provide in local search results.
- Read and respond to reviews from your customers
- Get insights on how customers searched for your business, and where they’re coming from
Get online with Google My Business
Use Google My Business to get a local business, brand, organization, or artist online. When you add your business using Google My Business, you’ll create a Google+ page.
Local business pages
Want to add your business information to Google Maps?
By creating a local page on Google My Business, your business information can show up in Google Search, Google Earth, and other Google properties. In addition, your business gets a Google+ page to connect with your customers.
Choose one of two categories of local pages when you sign up for Google My Business:
- Storefront businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at your business location and you want your customers to locate you on Google Maps.
- Examples: restaurants, hotels, retail stores
- Service area businesses: Choose this option if you serve customers at their location within a specific service area and you want your customers to see your service area on Google Maps.
- Examples: plumbers, taxi services, pizza delivery companies
If you’d like to add many business locations at once, use Google My Business Locations.
Brands, organizations, artists, and other groups or individuals can create Google+ pages to reach out to followers, fans, and customers on Google. Brand, organization, or artist pages don’t include address or other physical location information that appears on Google Maps.
Google+ communities can be created by fans or brands and organizations as a forum to discuss the things they enjoy. Use communities to start conversations around specific hobbies, interests, particular groups, or organizations. Create a page manage your business, product, brand, or organizations’ online presence with Google.
Read more about creating communities on Google+.
Google Places for Business and Google+ accounts
If you previously used Google Places for Business or Google+ Pages dashboard to manage your business information, you’ve likely noticed that your account has been automatically upgraded to Google My Business dashboard. Google My Business makes it simpler than ever to make sure your local business information can be easily found across Google, including on Google Maps, Google Search, and Google+.
IMPORTANT: If you used Google Places for Business to manage 10 or more locations, read this article for more information on the switch to Google My Business Locations.
- Create and verify a local business on Google
- How Google uses business information
- Ranking of local results on Google
- Address entry guidelines
- Someone else verified my business
- Verification code security
Edit your business information
- Edit your business information
- What happens to your edits
- View business information live on Google
- Verification after information changes
- Add photos to your business information
- Service-area businesses on Google
- Age and geographical restrictions for Google+ pages
- Report incorrect Street View imagery for your business
- Connect a page to Google Maps
- Place labels on Google Maps
Connect to your customers
- Optimize your business information
- Promote your Google+ page
- Link your Google+ page to your website
- Start a Hangout from a Google+ page
- Enable Google+ related pages widget in Gmail
- Information displayed on Google+ pages
- Intro to AdWords Express
- Customer views, clicks, and calls
- Share updates from your dashboard
- About Reviews
- Read and reply to reviews
- Understand Reviews analytics
- About "reviews from around the web"
- Get reviews on Google
- Moving reviews across Google+ pages
- Local review policies
- Respond as owner on Maps for mobile
- Score ratings for local places
- Insights for local businesses
- Accessing Youtube Analytics through Google+ Pages
- Connected Services: Google+ Platform Insights
- Add Google Analytics to the dashboard